The Smart Calendar Rules allows you to create a set of automated rules when dealing with multiple listings for a single property. Instead of blocking the irreverent listing manually, the Smart Calendar Rule will do it for you.
Creating a new rule
To create a smart calendar rule, go to your Dashboard > Listings > pick a listing > Automation > Calendar Rules.
- Go to the Smart Calendar Rules of one of your listing (Let's call this "Listing A")
- Make sure the Active toggle is switched on
- Click Add rule
- Pick a listing ("Listing B") that you want to block when Listing A is booked.
- Make sure Apply retroactively is checked. This will go over existing reservations on Listing A, and block booked dates on Listing B
- Make sure Add a reverse rule is checked. This will create another rule so that bookings on Listing B will also block Listing A. This is relevant for most use cases and will save you time in creating your Smart Calendar Rules. If this is checked, you will see a "reverse" icon next to the rule. You will also be able to see a rule when you go to Listing B's Smart Calendar Rules
- Click Save
Deleting a rule
To delete a rule, simply click the delete icon next to it. Only its deletion will release the already-blocked dates.
Check the "Also delete the reverse rule", if you want it deleted (this only applies to deleting rules that have reverse rules).
Smart Calendar Rules are not editable. If you'd like to change a rule, delete it and create another one instead.
Deactivating (toggling off) the feature for the listing will not delete the rule and open up the blocked dates.