In order to collect payments through Guesty, you need to connect to an external payment processor. Stripe is one of the world's largest processors that accept international payments and offers its processing services to businesses around the world.
In this article, we will cover:
Connect your Stripe account
It doesn't matter if you already have an account with Stripe or if you need to open a new one - the process is the same:
1. In Guesty, go to Account -> System Settings -> Payments
2. Click on Connect Account button - it will open a new tab of Stripe. In it, you can either sign in to your existing account or easily create a new one. Performing either one of these actions through this tab will enable you to collect payments directly through the Guesty Dashboard.
3. Click Save. This will close the tab and update your existing view inside Guesty.
*** Giving Guesty access to your account will allow you to collect money but not to initiate payments on your own. You will only be able to collect payments and refund them, but not send money to guests, owners, staff, etc.
Payments Rules of thumb:
#1: Always have payment notifications enabled
How to turn on payments notifications in Guesty?
1.Go to Notification bar on the right top
2.Click on the Settings button
3.Go to the Payments section at the bottom
#2: If your listings are also integrated with Booking.com:
- make sure to make it mandatory for the guests to leave their CVC code when booking (done in your Booking.com settings page)
- What to do if a guest's card fails?
- Why can't I see the CVC in Guesty?
- Do I need to reach out to the guest each time when a transaction gets declined?
Stripe is certified as PCI Service Provider Level 1, the most stringent level of certification.
To find out more about security of Stripe click here: https://stripe.com/help/security