In a reservation's financial tab you can perform the following actions:
Collect a payment
Once you have connected your account to Stripe, you have the option inside each reservation to insert the credit card information and charge it.
You can either charge the card immediately, or schedule several payments for future dates. For example, once you receive a new reservation, you can set up two charges: one immediate charge of $100 and a second one for the remainder of the payment on the check-in date.
*Currently, we only allow the collection of payments for non-Airbnb reservations.
How to collect a payment from a new credit card
1. Choose a specific reservation, go to the Financials tab and hit the "Collect payment" button.
2. Fill in the amount of money you wish to collect - By default, the number will be the outstanding balance. Note that the minimum amount of money you can charge is $0.50 and cannot exceed the Outstanding Balance of this reservation.
3. In the "Method" drop-down menu choose "New credit card" - If you have already saved a card on the guest you will see it in the drop-down menu as an optional payment method.
4. Due date - Do you want to collect the money right now or schedule it for a later date? If you schedule it for a later date we will automatically save the card for the guest so you'll be able to update these future payments along the way.
5. Credit card info - As simple as it can be.
6. Save card for guest - Do you want to use this credit card info for any future transactions? It can be either for this specific reservation or any future reservations which this guest may book in your place.
* Saving a card will not give you access to the actual credit card info but only the ability to charge it when needed.
7. Send a receipt - Decide if you wish to send a receipt to your guest or to any other email address you wish.
8. Hit collect - It might take a few seconds until the payment is confirmed so be patient :)