Markup can be applied to the following channels:
- Booking website.
- Booking.com direct integration.
When setting a markup, you can select to set it as percentage or a fixed value from the nightly price. The markup logic at Guesty ensures that you always get the nightly price that you set (The nightly price is the value as set in the Listing calendar per date).
Based on the markup that you define, Guesty calculates the fee that needs to show up in the channel, so that when the channel takes its fee from the payout, you are left with exactly the base price that you requested.
If you want to ensure to get the base price of $100, and you know the channel takes a 10% fee, you should set the markup to be 10%. Guesty will then calculate the price that needs to be listed so that minus these 10% you will get the desired base price of $100.
In this example, the listed price will be $111.11. Why? As when the channel gets $111.11 and takes its 10%, which is 11.11, THEN you are left with $100.
Different channels or channel managers, such as Rentals United, may be calculating the markup in a different way. They would add the markup percentage to the base price and show that price in the listing, causing your payout to be slightly less than the base price.
How to apply Markup?
- Select a Listing from the Listings view.
- In the selected listing go to the Marketing tab.
- Scroll down to the Markups section.
- Click the 'Add new Markup' button.
- Select the value and whether you set it as a fixed fee or a percentage.
- The new markup setting is saved automatically