Markups allow you to add an amount on top of your set base price and extra person fee on a channel by channel basis.
This is particularly useful to make sure the booking channel fees are included in the nightly price.
If the listing has the following settings:
- Base price: $100
- Extra person fee: $10 per guest
- Number of included guests: 2
- Channel A markup: 10%
The nightly price for channel A would be:
- 1-2 guests: $110
- 3 guests: $110 + $11 = $121
- 4 guests: $110 + $22 = $132
In order to set up Rentals United channel markups you must do it directly in your Rentals United dashboard.
Markups can be applied either in Account > System Settings > Financials as a default setting for all your listings or for each listing specifically:
- Select a Listing from the Listings view.
- In the selected listing go to the Financials tab.
- Scroll down to the Markups section.
- Click Edit.
- Edit the markup per channel
- Select the percentage value.
- Don't forget to Save!
If the Manually Altered icon appears next to the markup value, it means that the default value was changed by the user.