Preconditions for linking
- The listing shall exist both on Booking.com and on Guesty. The listing should have a single rate (multiple rates are not supported in Guesty at the moment*).
- The listing should be single-unit property (e.g apartment) or a one-type multi-unit property (e.g Hotel/Hostel). Multi-unit complexes cannot be linked to Guesty at the moment*.
- If you are using Guesty as your payment processor (Stripe) to collect credit card payments: contact Booking.com support/ account manager and ask them for Required CVC setting to be turned On. Doing this will allow you to receive your guests' credit card details, which are mandatory for collecting payment within Guesty.
- The guests' number in the Guesty listing must be greater or equal the guests' number in Booking.com
*Guesty will enable this functionality in the future.
Multiple-entity properties best practice
Read how to set up a multi-unit in Guesty.
Import upcoming reservations that were created prior to the integration
Booking.com reservations with a check-in/check-out date in the future will be imported automatically to Guesty upon linking a listing.
The guest's email and phone number will not be available in Guesty (only for reservations that were created prior to the integration!). If a guest sends a message, it will be reflected in the Guesty inbox. To answer the guest's message, you will have to update the guest's email/ phone number in Guesty, which can be found at the Reservation page in Booking.com dashboard.
If you are switching from Rentals United to Guesty - Booking.com direct integration, the guest's contact details (email & phone number) will be imported automatically.
Linking your Booking.com listings to Guesty
- Go to Booking.com
- Click on the listing that you would like to link to Guesty
- Go to Account > Channel Manager setup
- Deactivate the current provider (if one exists)
- START a new connection request
- Search for Guesty
- Check Reservation, Rates & Availability and Content & Photos
- Click Next
- Check the Terms and Conditions
- Click Accept
- At this stage, we’ve received your request for a connection! Guesty will confirm it within up to 24 hours (There is no need to contact us within those 24 hours, we got your request and are on it).
- Once your listing was confirmed, refresh the request page and click Confirm the connection with Guesty
- Go to Guesty
- Go to Account > Integrations > Marketplace > Booking.com Integration
- Click Connect > Link listings
- Enter Booking.com listing ID that you would like to link and click Find (the ID can be found Go to the listing's page on booking.com).
- Select the Guesty listing that you would like to link.
- Define markup.
- Update the Guesty's integration email (can be seen in Guesty under Account >Integrations > Marketplace > Booking.com), in several fields across Booking.com Extranet (see steps below):
- Go to admin.Booking.com
- Navigate in the Extranet to the listing contacts
- Edit and update with Guesty integration email for the Primary point of contact.
If you have Reservations, Central reservations, Special requests, and Availability set up, please update the integration email for them as well.
- From this point, the calendar availability and pricing should be managed straight from within Guesty which will then reflect in Booking.com.
When linking properties to Booking.com, we only sync calendar data (availability, nightly rates and minimum nights), but we do not sync any listing data (title, pictures, financial data, etc.). For more information, have a look at this section: Booking.com sync table (Link VS Publish)
1 The first step is to open admin.Booking.com and click the listing you want to link to Guesty.
2 Click Account
3 Click Channel manager
4 Click Connect your channel manager
5 Click Search for providers
6 Search and click Guesty (Guesty)
7 Make sure all the feature are integrations are selected and click Next
8 Read and accept the terms and conditions
9 Click Accept.
At this stage, we’ve received your request for a connection! Guesty will confirm it within up to 24 hours.
Once your listing was confirmed refresh the request page.
10 Click I confirm the connection with provider
11 Go to Guesty and click Integrations
12 Click My Integrations
13 Click Booking.com
14 Click Link listings
15 Go to the listing's page on admin.booking.com and copy the listing ID
16 Go back to Guesty and paste the Booking.com property ID
17 Click Find
18 Search for the listing in Guesty
19 Click the listing you searched for
20 Click Link
21 With your mouse, copy the integration email
22 Go to the listing's page on admin.booking.com and
23 Click Contacts
24 Click Add contact
25 Fill in you details
26 Click Email address
27 Paste the integration email address
28 Click Save changes
29 Go back to Guesty and click OK
30 You new linked listing will show at the bottom of the page.
From this point, the calendar availability and pricing should be managed straight from within Guesty which will then reflect in Booking.com.
Here's an interactive tutorial for the visual learners
Disconnecting a listing
When the listing status is Active, you can always remove the connection between the Guesty listing and Booking.com listing by clicking on the Disconnect button (Account > Integration > Booking.com). It will stop all the syncing processes between Guesty and Booking.com regarding the disconnected listing. Please note that the listing is still active on Booking.com and you need to manually close it.