Preconditions for linking
- The listing shall exist both on Booking.com and on Guesty. The listing should have a single rate (multiple rates are not supported in Guesty at the moment*).
- The listing should be single-unit property (e.g apartment), multi-unit property (e.g Hotel/Hostel) cannot be linked to Guesty at the moment*.
- If you are using Guesty as your payment processor (Stripe) to collect credit card payments; contact Booking.com support/account manager and ask them for Required CVC setting to be turned On. Doing this will allow you to receive your guest credit card details which are mandatory to collect the payment within Guesty.
* - Guesty will enable this functionality in the future, in the meantime contact our support for a solution.
multiple-entity properties best practice
Our best practice, in case you have multiple-entity properties in Booking.com, is to create a new single property for each property within Booking.com. Each of these properties should then be connected to a property in Guesty. Make sure to check if your property is a multi-entity property:
How to check if you have multiple-entity property.pdf
Each listing must have
- A unique name
- A Unique address (e.g. same address different flat number)
Import upcoming reservations that were created prior to the integration
Booking.com reservations with a check-in date in the future will be imported automatically to Guesty upon linking a listing.
The guest's email and phone number will not be available in Guesty (only for reservations that were created prior to the integration!). In case a guest sends a message, it will be reflected in the Guesty inbox. To answer the guest's messages, you will have to update the guest's email/phone number in Guesty which can be found at the Reservation page in Booking.com.
If you're switching from Rentals United to Booking.com direct integration, the guest's contact details (email & phone number) will be imported automatically.
Linking your Booking.com listings to Guesty
- Go to Booking.com
- Click on the listing that you would like to link to Guesty
- Navigate to the Channel Manager setup
- Deactivate the current provider (in case exists)
- Complet the deactivation
- START a new connection request
- Search for Guesty
- Make sure the connection type is set to Full Connection (two-way)
- Click Next
- At this stage, we’ve received your request for a connection! Guesty will confirm it within up to 24 hours and will send an automated notification email (There is no need to contact us within those 24 hours, we got your request and are on it).
- Once your listing was confirmed refresh the request page and click Confirm the connection with Guesty
- Go to Guesty
- Go to Account > Integrations > Marketplace > Booking.com Integration
- Enter forwarding email (Guest communications) and your company's name.
- Enter Booking.com listing ID that you would like to link and click Find.
- Select the Guesty listing that you would like to link.
- Define markup.
- Update the Guesty's integration email, as your primary contact email, in Booking.com (see steps below):
- Go to Booking.com
- Navigate in the Extranet to the listing contacts
- Edit Primary point of contact
- Update the integration email (can be seen in Guesty under Account >Integrations > Marketplace > Booking.com) in the email address
- From this point, the calendar availability and pricing should be managed straight from within Guesty which will then reflect in Booking.com.
When linking properties to Booking.com, we only sync calendar data (availability, nightly rates and minimum nights), but we do not sync any listing data (title, pictures, financial data, etc.). For more information, have a look at this section: Booking.com sync table (Link VS Publish)
Disconnecting a listing
When the listing status is Active, you can always remove the connection between the Guesty listing and Booking.com listing by clicking on the Disconnect button (Account > Integration > Booking.com). It will stop all the syncing processes between Guesty and Booking.com regarding the disconnected listing.