Unfortunately, cancellations happen sometimes.
The way billing works for canceled bookings depends on who canceled the bookings:
- If the guest canceled the booking then the fee is calculated based on your Airbnb cancellation policy. That is your billing plan percentage out of any payout you do get, with a minimum of $3.
- If you as the host cancel the booking we only charge our minimum Guesty fee of $3.
- If the cancellation occurred on a non-Airbnb channel, such as Rentals United or Booking.com, our charge depends on when the cancellation is made:
- If canceled before check in - we charge the $3 minimum.
- If canceled after check in - we charge the fee percentage of the original payout.
We believe this is extremely fair considering we already provided work for those bookings.
Please reach out if you have any question about our billing policies.