This article is relevant only to the standard Airbnb integration.
Using Guesty enables you to integrate multiple Airbnb accounts into one place. This way, users who manage listings of existing Airbnb users can easily manage all of their business in one robust dashboard.
Before we start
- Make sure you are logged in with your email & password and not via a Google account or Facebook. If you are logged in via a Google account or Facebook, please log out and log in with your email and password (you might have to reset your password in order to do so).
- We can only integrate with Listing Admins (also known as hosts, the person who opened the account).
- Please verify your email under Airbnb Edit profile>>Trust and verification.
- Under settings, make sure that all the Email checkboxes are checked (even the promotions one, otherwise messages may not reflect in the Guesty inbox)
- We strongly recommend not to import calendar availability and pricing from Airbnb, but rather to manage availability and pricing only within Guesty. Managing it within Guesty avoids the risk of calendar discrepancies with Airbnb or calendar blocking from Airbnb (e.g when the booking night limit has been reached). Read more
A new integration can take up 48 hours to sync to Guesty.
Adding a new integration
Adding a new Airbnb integration to your account is really easy.
- Go to Account>Integrations
In this view, you can see all of your active and inactive integrations, edit them or create new ones.
- On the top right corner, click Add a new Airbnb integration. This will open a simple 3 step process where you will be asked to fill in additional information that Guesty needs in order to pull your listings from Airbnb.
You can create the prefix of the email, but you must use the @user.guesty.com domain.
- Go to Airbnb and replace the personal email with the new @user.guesty.com email address.