When you sign up with us at Guesty, you are creating a user account (and within this account, you are technically the Admin user).
I want to add new users
1. Account > Users > Add new user
- Fill in the information of the new user
This information includes the name, the title (i.e. CEO or Property Manager), all email addresses, and all phone numbers of that new user.
Note: To make sure that we will always recognize the new user when he/she contacts us, we ask that you save any and every email address and phone number associated with the new user.
- Set up a default email address and phone number
Click on the gray star near the field containing the chosen default. We will use the default email and number when reaching out to the new user.
- Create a password
This can be anything you want, but make sure that the password is at least 8 characters long, includes at least one capital letter, and contains at least one number.
- Choose a preferred contact method
This will show our receptionists how to best reach the new user (i.e. by email, via SMS or with a phone call.)
- Add a note
The receptionists will read any note added here before contacting that specific user, each time. A note here can, for example, indicate that the new user may want to not be approached on a Sunday by email, only via SMS.
About: Multiple Users
- Who should use this feature?
- Why add more users?
- Who should be a user and who should be a contact in the phone book?
Who should use this feature?
All hosts who have at least one other person helping with or handling the business side of their vacation rental business. Be it a friend, colleague, or staff members – all relevant users can now have their own access to viewing, editing, and searching the dashboard.
Each user access to your Guesty account is defined according to permissions and roles.
Why should you add more users?
1. Grant access to colleagues and staff members - when more people can access your account, more people can also help to manage your business with use of the many dashboard features, such as:
- Update calendars' prices and availability
- View and create customized reports
- Create, assign, and complete tasks
- Assigned user as listing contact
- Much more...
2. Enable usage of your dashboard by multiple users at the same time - all of the users can log in simultaneously, and work together on different reservations.
3. Assign users to tasks (both on the account and listing level) - for any task you create, you can also assign it to a specific user. That way, users would be able to track and manage their tasks, view their task due dates, and mark tasks when completed.
4. Ensure higher information security standards - by granting access to different users, you'll be able to know who made each one of the changes that you see in your account. That way, in the event of a mistake or a breach of contract, you could easily look back on the sign in logs and understand what happened.
Who should be a user and who should be a contact in the phone book?
Any person (team member, cleaner) who requires access to any part of your Guesty account should be configured as a user. You can control to which parts of your account users have access to by adding permissions and roles.
A phone book contacts can be everyone else. For example, your cleaners, homeowners, plumber, your neighbors, etc. By adding them to the phone book you can assign them to specific reservations or simply store their contact information in a simple and easy-to-find manner.