The Auto Tasks feature was designed to make it easier for you to generate recurring tasks. Auto Tasks includes a task template that you wish to generate automatically and the trigger for scheduling the auto task.
How should I use it?
You should use it for any tasks which you want to schedule automatically such as cleaning right after every check-out or an in-person key exchange for your guests at check-in, or yet another option would be to create an auto task for the each beginning or end of a given Rental Period.
How to set up an Auto Task:
- Enter listing → automation → auto tasks
- Select task to create (the task template that you want to generate automatically)
- Select the schedule for (when to schedule the auto task)
- Add a time frame (optional)
What are the possible triggering events?
- Linked Reservation:
Check In, Check Out, Planned Arrival (if no planned arrival time is set, the check in time will be used), Planned Departure (if no planned arrival time is set, the check out time will be used) and confirmation.
- Previous Reservation:
Previous Check In,Previous Check Out,Previous Planned Arrival (if no planned arrival time is set, the check in time will be used),Previous Planned Departure (if no planned arrival time is set, the check out time will be used) and Previous confirmation.
- Next Reservation:
Next Check In, Next Check Out, Next Planned Arrival (if no planned arrival time is set, the check in time will be used), Next Planned Departure (if no planned arrival time is set, the check out time will be used) and Next confirmation.
- First availability in a row - each date in the calendar which turns to be available from unavailable (i.e when you owner leaves).
- Last availability in a row -each date in the calendar which turns to be unavailable from available
(i.e when the owner returns).
Rental Period Based:
- Start of Rental Period - each time rental period starts
- End of Rental Period - each time rental period ends
- First check in of Rental Period - every first check in within a rental period (no tasks will be generated unless at least one reservation is created within the rental period)
- Last check out of Rental Period - every last check out within a rental period (no tasks will be generated unless at least one reservation is created within the rental period)
How does it work?
When the triggering event occurs (such as reservation created, rental period added), the auto tasks of the relevant listing will generate tasks based on the specific trigger. These tasks include all of the fields which already inside the template.
For example, let's assume you have set an Auto Task of cleaning for "Listing A".
- Template: Cleaning
- Start time: 1 hour after check-out
- Can start after: Check-out
- Must finish before: Next check-in
When a new reservation is confirmed for Listing A, a new task is automatically generated based on the cleaning template. Notice that the start/end time is updated based on the actual reservation's times.
Reservation Task (automatically generated by the auto task based on a task template)
- Title: Cleaning
- Description: Regular cleaning that occurs after every check out.
- Start time: 09/08/2016 11:00 am
- End time: 09/08/2016 2:00 pm
- Can start after: 09/08/2016 10:00 am
- Must finish before: 09/10/2016 4:00 pm (might change)
- Listing: Listing A
- Reservation: #ZR433T
- Assignee: Alex
What happens if I erase an Auto Task?
When erasing an Auto Task, it will erase all of the tasks that were created by it for future bookings. However, if you made any updates to a specific task, it will still exist after the Auto Task that created it is erased. We assume that if you already interacted with a specific task, it must be important for you that it is completed.
Will a new Auto Task affect already approve reservations?
Yes. A new Auto Task automatically generates tasks for all of the relevant future reservations.
Will updating an Auto Task impact tasks that were already created?
Yes. Updating the field of an Auto Task will automatically update it inside tasks that were generated by it with a future due date. However, if you update a field inside an existing task, changing it in the Auto Task does not change that. The logic behind this is that if you decide to update a specific task, we don't want you to lose the information just because you updated the main template.