Keep track of Tasks in Guesty’s Mobile App
The My Tasks feature in the mobile app was created to help property managers manage their operations more efficiently by providing a tool for staff to keep track of & update tasks while on the go.
Who should use the app for My Tasks?
- Cleaners can view and update their upcoming cleanings
- Maintenance staff can see the task location and requirements
- Greeters can choose which check-in tasks to take & communicate with guests on the go
What can you do in My Tasks?
- View task requirements
- Mark items in a checklist
- Add & see notes and attachments about a task
- Confirm tasks & update status.
There are 5 statuses: Assigned (to an individual or team), Confirmed, In Progress, Done and Canceled
- Track completed tasks
Using My Tasks
Tasks are created and assigned from the Guesty dashboard (see below). The task assignee (either an individual or group) can then see assigned tasks in Guesty’s mobile app.
- Open the app (or access My Tasks from the More menu)
- The first screen shows you tasks assigned to you or your team that you will need to confirm. Approve your tasks, or choose tasks assigned to your group by tapping the Take it button. You can view a task by tapping on the card before accepting it.
- Click Start Task at the beginning of a task change its status to in progress.
- Review task descriptions, update the checklist, add pictures and notes.
- See number of bed and number of guest for the current, previous and/or next reservations.
- See more information about a reservation or listing by clicking on the Reservation or Listing icons on the top right corner.
- Click End Task to mark a task as complete.
Scheduled tasks will appear in the app for all the days they are scheduled. Tasks that aren't completed within the given time frame allocated for the tasks will no longer show up in the app
What information are you able to see in the app?
In order to get access to the app, you have to be a Guesty user. Users with different permission levels can see different features.
Listing Viewers: can see My Tasks, which includes all of the tasks directly assigned to you or to a group you are a part of (based on User Tags). Listing viewers also have access to Reservation and Listing information related to a task but cannot see the Inbox or private custom fields.
Listing Managers: can see app features - including Inbox and private custom fields.
The account administrator can control the different levels of access using the permission settings and user roles.
Reservation notes (for guests, cleaning or other) will be displayed in the app under the Reservation section, only if a note exists.
Creating new tasks
The tasks supervisor can automate the creation of AutoTasks inside the Guesty Dashboard, and automatically assign tasks to a specific staff member or a group of people every time a new reservation comes in. Autotasks are great for repetitive tasks such as cleanings & greetings. One-time tasks, like maintenance or linen tasks, can also be created and assigned from the Dashboard. Both types of tasks will show up in the app of the assigned staff member or group.
Since the app contains a lot more than just tasks - reservation, inbox and more - please make sure your staff members have the correct permissions. Cleaners usually get viewer permissions, while greeters usually get listing manager permissions. Read more about permissions.
Does the app work on both iOS and Android?
Still using the previous Task App? See relevant article here