Guesty's open API allows users to integrate their own systems with their Guesty Dashboard. You can easily generate multiple tokens and use them to integrate with different systems.
Note: by accessing to your Dashboard using the internal API, you have full access to all of the listings and account settings, same as the "Account Admin" permission level.
Where can you find the API documentation?
Be sure to keep this API key private. All API requests must be made over HTTPS and are authenticated via HTTP Basic Auth. Use your API key as the username and the secret as the password.
What can you use it for?
Connect your own website directly to your Dashboard - use your existing website to stream reservations directly to your dashboard, and make sure that the calendars are always synced.
Download information from your Dashboard - if you are already using an external reporting system, you can add to it the information gathered inside the Dashboard.
Give access to external tools - be it home automation tools, dynamic pricing or smart locks, you can easily integrate other tools into your Dashboard. Many companies have already developed API integration with Guesty. If you work with a provider that doesn't have an integration with us, you can share with them the API documentation and see if they are able to connect. The initial integration process can be done within a couple of hours. For more information, you can contact our support team at [email protected]
API token types
- Internal API token - has full access to all of the listings and account settings and is the same as the "Account Admin" permission level. This is why you should never expose your secret internal API key in any public website's client-side code. You can use the Internal API key to download information from your dashboard, connect your own website to the dashboard, etc.
- Marketplace API token - a 3rd party service dedicated token. Marketplace API tokens don't provide full access to Guesty like internal API tokens. Each 3rd party service has its own permissions based on its type. These tokens are generated individually for each service via the integration page.
How to generate an internal API token?
Inside the Dashboard, you have the ability to create multiple API tokens by yourself.
2. In the API Tokens box click on "Generate a key"
3. In the new window, give a title to the API key. This way, it will be easier for you to remember which key you are using for each integration.
How to generate a Marketplace API token?
- Go to Account -> Integrations -> Marketplace
- Click 'Connect' on the relevant's 3rd party service
- In the API token generation page click 'Generate new key', you can copy the API token to the clipboard by clicking on the dedicated button
- Paste the API token in the service provider’s website or software