At Guesty we have analyzed and discovered the best practices regarding automated messages (Hooks) to increase guest satisfaction and reduce guest frustration and we made some essential templates so you can leverage your insights.
In this article, we will be setting up one of those template Automated messages (best practices) and later you will learn how to create your own custom automated message from scratch.
Setting up an automated message
An automated message can be set up for specific listings or for all your listings.
- To get started head to one of your listings. You can do so by clicking on Listings from the menu bar, and then select one of your listings.
- Click Automation and choose AutoMessages (Hooks).
- Click on Automated Messages Best Practices. A new menu will appear.
- Select the automated message you want to import to your listing, scroll down and confirm.
- Do not worry, the messages are not automatically activated once imported. An activation step is required, so it is safe to import anything that you think can be useful and choose later which ones to activate.
- Congratulations, you now have automated messages!
Reviewing and editing a message
- To review the messages and choose which ones to activate, just click on the one you want to review.
- Clicking on it will open the editor. In here you can change the message that the guest will receive.
- The words you see wrapped in brackets are dynamic variables that allow you to personalize the message for each guest with their own booking information. See the full list of available variables and how to use them.
- Please read the template message and add your own instructions or information.
- After setting up your message, click on the Enable Switch at the topmost right to enable the Automated Message, and then hit Save.
If the email subject will be lsef empty, by default it will send as "Message from Guesty".
- Finally, make sure that the Automated Messages feature is active.
- Hooray! You have just set up your first automated message!
Guests will receive the specified message at the right moment.
This automated message by default only applies to this specific listing. You can specify which listings should use this automated message, or you can enable it for all listings if you leave that field empty.