One of the most common automated message is “send check-in instructions 3 days before check in”. Let’s see how to create it.
1. Create internal name for the automated message: this just helps you recognize the message easily and it is only seen by you.
2. Choose how to send: automated messages can be sent as an email, an SMS, or a platform (channel) message. In this case, we’ll send it to guests over the channel platform.
3. Choose when to send: decide which event will trigger the delivery of your message. In this case, we are sending information that should be sent relative to the time of check-in. After we choose an event, we need to define when to send theautomated message, relative to the time of check-in. For this message, we’ll want to set it for 3 days before the event.
4. Choose who to send to: this particular message should be sent to your guests. Your other recipient options include yourself, one of your team members, or an addressee that is set in a custom field.
5. Choose the listings this automated message will be applied to: If you want the automated message to apply only to specific listings, start typing the listing name and select it from the drop-down list.
If you want this automated message to be applied to all the listings, leave the field empty.
If you want it to apply to all the listings except of some, start typing the listing name in “but exclude these listings” field and select the listing you want to exclude.
6. Personalize your message: Check-in instructions don’t change from one reservation to another. However, some specific details (such as dates, guests, etc.) are always different. To cover all details – both changing and unchanging – we’ll create a template that includes the static check-in instructions (i.e. where to find the keys, who will meet the guests, when, etc.) as well as dynamic variables to relay the relative information. These dynamic variables act as data placeholders, and change the information displayed in each message based on the relevant reservation – personalizing each automated message for your guests.