The Agoda integration allows you to connect your Agoda listings to your Guesty listings in order to manage your availability, rates and reservations as well as communicate with guests, all from your Guesty account.
In this article you will learn about -
- Conditions for linking Guesty & Agoda listings
- Listing sync
- Calendar sync
- Reservation sync
- Additional information
Conditions for linking Guesty & Agoda listings
- Make sure you have an active listing both in Guesty and a matching one in Agoda
- The Agoda property type must be set as “Apartment” (“Service Apartments” and “Hotel” are currently not supported) and be a single unit with a single rate.
- Taxes and Fees must be configured the same way for each listing in both Guesty and Agoda
- The listing in Agoda must be configured as "Instant Booking"
- Only reservations made or edited in the last 90 days will be fully imported. Older reservations will show up as blocked dates in Guesty's calendar.
- Changes to listing info won’t be synced automatically & must be made to both platforms (this includes the listing title, address, pictures, amenities, fees, tax amounts etc.
- If your account accepts UPC payment (not PayPal) you will be able to charge the Agoda virtual credit card from Guesty (only on the total price on the day of the check-in or after).
Below you'll find a brief summary of differences between the two platforms and how they may affect you that we recommend reading.
Ready to rush forward & set up Agoda? See how to link your Agoda listings be Guesty and how to adjust your settings in Agoda to suit the connection with Guesty
Guesty will sync calendar data (availability, rates and minimum nights) with Agoda.
- Rates are set by the nightly rate in the Calendar
- Cancellation policy is currently not supported, however in case of a cancellation you will be able to charge the guest for the cancellation amount
- Currency alignment: (RU like)
- The maximum night settings in Agoda is 99. If your Guesty listing maximum night field is defined as more than 99 we will send Agoda value of 99.
Your listings' calendar availability should be managed directly through Guesty to ensure smooth synchronization between the two platforms.
Please note that this is a one-way connection. This means that following the initial retrieval of Agoda's calendar data (upon connecting your listings), Guesty will no longer check for calendar updates made through Agoda.
- Updating nightly rates in Guesty show up in Agoda for all of Agoda’s nightly rates (e.g. single, double etc.)
- Other settings (e.g. “Extra Bed Fee” or “Minimum Nights”) can be set directly from Agoda
Reservations and inquiries will arrive to your Guesty account for your connected Agoda listings
- Guesty will update your availability for that listing on all other channels
- You can manage all Guest communications directly from Guesty's Unified Inbox
- Cleaning fees: In Guesty, the Cleaning Fee amount for Agoda reservations can include Agoda’s Cleaning fees and/or usage fees as set in Agoda
Guesty Cleaning fee = Agoda’s cleaning + usage fees
- Extra bed fees: Much like the Extra Person Fee, Agoda’s Extra Bed Fee is added to the Accommodation Fare amount in Guesty
Guesty receives the total tax amount for each reservation from Agoda, however, we can’t know what was the tax configuration for that listing. As such Guesty will:
- Use the tax configuration as set in Guesty to try and match the total amount received from Agoda. However, the total amount will always match the one received in the reservation
- In case of a mismatch between Guesty’s tax configuration and the total tax amount received in the reservation from Agoda, we will alert you in an error message in the reservation’s Financials tab so you can align the tax configuration in both platforms
According to your contract with Agoda, you may charge your reservations in one of the following ways:
- Using Paypal - Funds are transferred directly from Agoda to your Paypal account. You will not be able to process your reservations on Guesty. In this case, you can use the “External processor” option to set the reservation as ‘Paid’
- Using UPC - This is an Agoda virtual credit card, supplied from Agoda and charged with the total payout for the reservation. Due to the card’s limitation, collecting payments will be limited in done in the following way:
- Since the reservation can only be charged on its Check-in date, the card’s details will be added to your reservation in Guesty only on this date and will be available for next 150 days
- Since the reservation can only be charged once, if there are multiple payments please contact Agoda to complete the payment
- Cancellation fees can also be charged only upon check-in
- There is no need to request an Authorization Hold if using UPC
If you have more than 50 listings would like to create in Agoda platform we can offer you an automat process that will do it for you. Please contact Guesty support.