This article is relevant only to the standard Airbnb integration.
Airbnb sometimes blocks random accounts for security and privacy reasons. This also disables our access to managing your account properly.
- Login to your Airbnb account.
- You will be prompted to verify your account via SMS. Airbnb will send you a text message with a 4 digit code that you need in order to reactivate your account and our ability to manage your listings.
When you sign up with Guesty, you can choose which, if any, emails you would like us to forward to you (we automatically continue to receive them all).
You can receive all, none, or one or more of the following: confirmations, payment statements, booking requests, reminders, reviews, or emails from guests.
Your password for Guesty isn't related to your Airbnb password.
Therefore it can be the same or different.
Unfortunately deleting inactive integration from the Guesty interface is not something that is possible as of yet. This will not affect your account in any way.
Airbnb limits the image size to 25MB. Images larger than 25 MB will be auto-cropped.
Sending/ Receiving messages from Airbnb
Please follow the next steps:
- Make sure that the listing is active in Guesty and that the integration is active (Account > Integrations > Airbnb).
- Integration is active:
- Log in to Airbnb and see if the verification email was confirmed, under Trust and verification.
- It can take up to 24 hours to re-sync the listing.
- Integration is inactive:
- Log into Airbnb
- Change the Airbnb email to the Guesty integration email.
- Integration is active:
- Log in to Airbnb. Check the notification settings on the account settings in Airbnb, make sure that ALL the email fields are checked.
Our system differentiates guests according to their email address and phone number. If a reservation comes in and the guest's email is ALREADY in the system, we will merge the details, to show that this is a returning guest. We attach the new reservation to that guest.
We also merge by phone. If there an existing phone number in the system and a new reservation comes in under that same number, we will attach the reservation to the existing phone number.
Calendar and Pricing
Login to Airbnb and check the following:
- Check if the dates were blocked manually
- If the dates are blocked in Airbnb but open in Guesty, and the dates have a note on them- it is probably an external calendar that blocked the dates. Then, they will either be reflected in Guesty after 24 hours or never, according to whether the listings are managed through Airbnb or not.
- If the entire calendar is blocked (or open) in Airbnb but not in Guesty, because the listing was imported with the default availability as Off, please open/close the dates manually from Guesty.
When Guesty pulls listings from Airbnb where the dates in Airbnb are all blocked- those blocks are considered "manual" blocks. If you had gone in the calendar and clicked a date and had opened the dates for the rental periods- it would free them up.
When importing listings to Guesty which will have Rental periods:
- Unlist the listing in Airbnb, no need to block all the dates - leave them open.
- Guesty will pull that listing with all dates open (it is unlisted so it will not appear anywhere)
- Set up the availability in Guesty as calendar blocked by default.
- Then set up the Rental periods.
- See that the dates are open.
- List the listing.
Could not find your answer here? Please contact our support team.