Different restrictions can be set for each coupon and be combined in all different ways.
- Minimum nights restrictions.
- Check-in date restrictions.
- Maximum amount of coupon uses.
- Redeem by a certain date as expiration.
Combining the restrictions can create several different marketing tactics to boost your marketing efforts:
- Increase lengths of stay - Adjust the minimum nights of the coupon to promote longer stays.
- Boost up bookings during low seasons - Specify check-in dates according to your low seasons.
- Urgency - Combine 'redeem by date' and 'number of uses' to create a sense of urgency and drive reservations on a short period of time. This works better with a high discount percentage and good communication and distribution to potential guests (e.g: newsletter or social networks)
- Sharing is caring - Set the number of uses to unlimited, and incentive your guests to share them with friends and family.
- One time use only as compensation or as prize-winning - Choose only one use under ‘Total uses’. The limit can be changed at any time.
- Early booking - Choose an expiration date (redeem by date) way before then the check-in date range.
- Upcoming long weekend - Combining 'minimum nights' and 'date of check-in' you can target a specific upcoming long weekend, and even combine it with 'redeeming by date' to create a sense of urgency.