This article is relevant only to the upgraded Airbnb integration.
In order to make sure the listing will be published successfully, please make sure that your listing is listed in Guesty and has met all of Airbnb’s minimum requirements:
- 7+ photos (at least 3 of them with high resolution: 800 x 500 pixels)
- 5+ amenities.
- 8+ characters in the title field.
- 50+ characters in the description field.
If you try to upload a listing that doesn’t meet the requirements, Guesty will notify you in order for you to make the necessary corrections and enable publishing.
Airbnb Red Zones
Airbnb defines certain locations as 'Red Zones', these are usually areas with strict regulations. Publishing listings in those areas to Airbnb is not possible. The red zones are:
- New York, NY, USA
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Boston, MA, USA
- Portland, OR, USA
- Manchester, England
Traditional Hospitality Listings
- Airbnb manually reviews every traditional hospitality listing (see list below) that is connected to the PMS. This process might take up to 72 hours, in which the listing will be unlisted.
- Aparthotel, Bnb, Boutique hotel, Farm stay hostel, Hotel, Lodge, Timeshare, Minsu, Casa particular, Pension, Pousada, Resort, Ryokan, Heritage hotel, Serviced apartment).
Publishing your listing
- Go to Account > Integration > Airbnb
- Click the Publish button.
- Choose the listing you wish to publish and click NEXT.
- Fill in the required information about the listing.
- Click PUBLISH when you’re done.
- The listing’s status in Guesty will change to PENDING, and after Airbnb reviews and accepts it, the status will change to CONNECTED and the listing will be up and ready in Airbnb. This process usually takes several minutes, but in some cases, it can take up to 24 hours because Airbnb reviews all listings before publishing them.
Airbnb automatically lists the listing after the connection. If you want to unlist it, please unlist it from the listing's Marketing tab.
- All updates in Guesty will immediately be pushed to Airbnb.
- Airbnb reservations and messages will be instantly pulled into Guesty.
- The upgraded Airbnb integration only supports instant booking listings. When you publish a listing to Airbnb, it will automatically be set as instant booking.
- Once a listing is published, the following content will be blocked on Airbnb and should be managed in Guesty: listing details, pricing, availability, calendar.
- After connecting your listings via the upgraded Airbnb integration, you will find the ‘Airbnb Features’ section under the listing's marketing tab. These features will only be reflected in Airbnb:
- Cancellation policy
- Reservation preferences (Advanced notice, Preparation time, Booking window)
- Guest requirements
- Check-in & Minimum nights limit
Read more about Airbnb extra features here