Guesty will sync only calendar information: availability, prices and minimum nights. The rest you can set in Agoda.
Your listings' calendar availability should be managed directly through Guesty to ensure smooth synchronization between the two platforms.
This is a one-way connection. Upon connecting your listings, Guesty will retrieve blocked calendar dates from Agoda. However, following this initial retrieval, Guesty will no longer check for calendar updates made through Agoda.
- Updating nightly rates in Guesty show up in Agoda for all of Agoda’s nightly rates (e.g. single, double etc.)
- Updates to availability and minimum nights will be synced with Agoda calendar
- Other settings (e.g. “Extra Bed Fee”) can be set directly from Agoda and will not be pushed and shown in Guesty
- Cancellation policy is currently not supported. However, in case of a cancellation, you will be able to charge the guest for the cancellation amount.
- The maximum night settings in Agoda is 99. If your Guesty listing maximum night field is defined as more than 99, we will send Agoda value of 99.
- The price must be at least 25$ per day.
Reservations and inquiries for your connected Agoda listings will come into your Guesty account.
- Guesty will update your availability for that listing on all other channels
- You can manage all Guest communications directly from Guesty's Unified Inbox
- Cleaning fees: In Guesty, the Cleaning Fee amount for Agoda reservations can include Agoda’s Cleaning fees and/or usage fees as set in Agoda
Guesty Cleaning fee = Agoda’s cleaning + usage fees
- Extra bed fees: Much like the Extra Person Fee, Agoda’s Extra Bed Fee is added to the Accommodation Fare amount in Guesty
- Extra person fee: Your extra person fee in Guesty will not be pushed to Agoda.
Guesty receives the total tax amount for each reservation from Agoda, but we do not know the tax configuration for that listing. Thus, Guesty will:
- Use the tax configuration as set in Guesty to try and match the total amount received from Agoda. However, the total amount will always match the one received in the reservation
- In case of a mismatch between Guesty’s tax configuration and the total tax amount received in the reservation from Agoda, we will alert you in an error message in the reservation’s Financials tab so you can align the tax configuration in both platforms
Agoda will collect the guest payment and transfer the money to you on the day of check-in through virtual credit card (UPC) or Paypal.
Funds are transferred directly from Agoda to your Paypal account. You will not be able to process your reservations on Guesty. In this case, you can use the External Processor option to set the reservation as ‘Paid’
The first booking will have a payout date of 30 days after the guest departure. After the first reservation is paid for, you will have to contact Agoda at email@example.com asking them to remove the 30-day payout settings for all your Agoda listings.
This is an Agoda virtual credit card, supplied from Agoda and charged with the total payout for the reservation. If you have a Stripe account you will be able to charge the card though Guesty the day after the check-in.
Due to the card’s limitations, collecting payments will be done in the following way:
- Since the reservation can only be charged on the day of check-in, card details will be added to the reservation in Guesty on this date and will be available for the next 150 days
- The reservation can only be charged once. If there are multiple payments, please contact Agoda to complete the payment
- Cancellation fees can also be charged only upon check-in
- There is no need to request an Authorization Hold if using UPC
- You will also be able to see the virtual credit card details in the Agoda dashboard. Go to Bookings > Click on the reservation > Click to view (next to UPC) > a popup will open with the credit card details
Agoda security Deposit
Agoda security deposit should be collected as cash, credit card authorization, or through Paypal by the property owner/agency on the check-in date. It will be handled off-site upon guest check-out (as long as nothing is damaged or missing). Agoda does NOT handle the payment or reimbursement of this security deposit, however, we will mention this information on the website if you load it into Agoda's system manually.
If you have more than 50 listings would like to create in Agoda platform and they are located at Thailand, Japan, Malaysia, Taiwan, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, South Korea, Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Spain or the UK please contact Guesty support. If you have less than 50 listings to create, Agoda can offer you an automat process that will do it for you. Please contact Guesty support.
Note: listings located in America (North, Central, South) won't be able to publish their listings in Agoda due to Agoda's limitations.