- TripAdvisor works as a channel collect.
- For each payment that was processed via TripAdvisor, you will receive an invoice to your email
- All payments will be sent 24 hours after check-in time by TripAdvisor to either your Paypal account or your bank account (according to TripAdvisor terms and conditions).
TripAdvisor payment policy
TripAdvisor ran a test for a few weeks that changed the deposit policy and led to a huge conversion boost, overall revenue per booking increased, a significant increase in inquiries and booking request, and a 30% increase in instant bookings.
TripAdvisor came to the conclusion that the first part of a split payment (deposit policy) should be up to 20% of the whole payment, and that it should be collected up to 40 days before check-in.
For the reasons above, TripAdvisor changed all the deposit policies accordingly:
- Any deposit policy that was above 20%, is now 20% (1-20% are not affected).
- Any deposit policy that was over 40 days before the due date, is now 40 days (40 days or less are not affected).
If you want to opt-out from this payment policy:
- Contact TripAdvisor and request to opt-out.
- If you do not opt-out, changing the field in Guesty (above 20% and above 40 days) won't affect the TripAdvisor field.
- If using API - this field is ignored unless you opted-out or the deposit is between 1-20% and above 40 days.
- In case of a cancellation by the guest, the payment will be transferred to you 24 hours after the original check-in date and according to your cancellation policy.
- If you cancel a reservation, TripAdvisor will charge you a $200 USD cancellation fee.
Canceling a reservation will also affect your account performance and SEO ranking in TripAdvisor. If you need to cancel a reservation due to a major incident (according to TripAdvisor terms and conditions), get in touch with TripAdvisor, so they can help and advise you.
- Guesty currently supports only cleaning fees.
- TripAdvisor commission from property managers is 3% from each reservation.
Guesty converts the currency to USD before pushing it to TripAdvisor.
If the listing's currency is one of the mentioned below, Guesty won't convert it to USD, but will send the mentioned currency:
- AUD (Australian dollar)
- CAD (Canadian dollar)
- CHF (Swiss Fank)
- EUR (Euro)
- GBP (Great Britan pound)
- SEK (Swedish krona)
- USD (US Dollar)
- THB (Thai baht)